UND Aerospace uses a variety of flight training devices (FTDs) in their flight courses.
For many training tasks and scenarios, it is advantageous to use an FTD instead of a real airplane. Over a dozen FTDs are located in three large simulator bays in Ryan Hall.
- Four Frasca 241 TruFlight FTDs, simulating G1000-equipped Cessna Skyhawk single-engine aircraft
- Four Frasca 242 TruFlight FTDs, simulating Avidyne-equipped Piper Seminole multi-engine aircraft
- Two Frasca 241 FTDs, simulating Avidyne-equipped Piper Warriors
- Two Frasca 342 FTDs, simulating Schweizer 300 and Bell 206 helicopters
- A Mentor Advanced Aviation Training Device (AATD), simulating a G1000-equipped Cessna Skyhawk
- A Mentor helicopter AATD, simulating a Bell 206
- A Mechtronix CRJ200 Level 6 FTD, simulating a Bombardier CRJ200 regional airliner jet aircraft