There's a lot to remember when preparing to start flight training.
We've created a comprehensive checklist to help you stay on track. It breaks down what you need to do before you arrive on campus, as well as what you need to bring with you when you go to the airport for the first time. View it below or download for later.
Complete the following steps on your own before arriving at UND, or before the semester in which you will begin flying. If you do not complete all of these items before the semester starts your flight training will be delayed.
- Obtain an FAA Medical Certificate
- Create an IACRA Account
- Submit an application for a Student Pilot Certificate in IACRA
- Create an account in AIMS after you have registered for a ground school
- Enter your contact information into AIMS
- Deposit money for flight training into your Aviation Flight Account
- Start TSA AFSP application and schedule English evaluation (non-US citizens only)
Before Start Checklist
The following documents and information are necessary for you to complete: TSA approval, ramp badge application, and enrollment in the flight component of your training. Plan to bring all of them to the airport when you first meet with your Flight Instructor.
- FAA Medical Certificate
- Passport or Birth Certificate (original with raised seal)
- Valid Driver's License or Government-Issued Photo ID
- IACRA FTN, username, and password