There's a lot to remember when preparing to start flight training.
We've created a comprehensive checklist to help you stay on track. It breaks down what you need to do before you arrive on campus, as well as what you need to bring with you when you go to the airport for the first time. View it below or download for later.
Complete the following steps on your own before the semester begins. Information on each step can be found on the New Students section of this website.
- Obtain an FAA Medical Certificate
- Create an IACRA Account, and submit an application for a Student Pilot Certificate
- Create an account in AIMS and enter your contact information
- Deposit money for flight training into your Aviation Flight Account
- Start TSA AFSP application and schedule English evaluation (non-US citizens only)
- Print out and complete the UND Ramp Badge application
- Complete the electronic FAA Enrollment Form (this will not be available until 2 weeks before the start of the semester)
Bring the following items when you come to the airport to complete your TSA approval to train and meet with your flight instructor:
- FAA Medical Certificate
- Passport or Birth Certificate (original with raised seal)
- Valid Driver's License or Government-Issued Photo ID
- IACRA FTN, username, and password
- iPad/Tablet with Publications App installed
- Completed Ramp Badge Application
- Logbook (can be purchased from Publications if you do not have one)