Air Traffic Management
Digital Screening Process
Prior to arriving to the ATC Simulation Laboratory, complete the online screening form or a physical copy of the form.
Upon entering the ATC Simulation Laboratory, your temperature will be taken with a no-touch infrared thermometer.
Individual Equipment Needed for Laboratory
In order to eliminate cross-contamination, students need to purchase the following equipment for ATC Simulation Laboratory courses:
Touchscreen stylus with soft end, used for capacitive touch screen devices. Any capacitive touch screen stylus will work.
"Top" portion of the ATC communication headset, a monaural (single-ear) Plantronics analog H-Series "4-pin Quick Disconnect" headset, for use in simulation laboratories.
What is UND doing to stay safe during the current COVID-19 pandemic?
First and foremost: The health and safety of our students and employees remains our top priority.
What are we doing to achieve this?
Created tools and procedures to mitigate the transfer of COVID-19:
- UND Air Traffic faculty and Aviation Department leadership will meet routinely to evaluate how mitigation efforts are going and will advise UND Leadership if an adjustment is necessary.
- All personnel and students entering an ATC Simulation Laboratory facility are required to complete a screening form, which includes temperature scans.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at each entrance, and is required to be used by all persons entering the laboratory. Additionally, gloves and masks will be provided for those who require them.
- CDC separation guidelines (six feet) will be adhered to in all public and classroom areas.
- In ATC Simulation Laboratories, Air Traffic faculty have secured approval from UND Administration that students, staff, and faculty may be within six feet of each other when necessary for the purposes of the simulation scenarios.
- Masks are required to be worn at all times while on UND Campus.
- Students will be required to purchase a touchscreen stylus. This reduces the "human touching" of the Voice Communication Systems touchscreens. Styluses are required to be used in FAA ATC Facilities.
- Students will be required to purchase the "top" portion of the ATC communication headset, a Plantronics analog H-Series "4-pin Quick Disconnect" headset, for use in simulation laboratories. Each controller has their own headset in an FAA ATC Facility to reduce cross-contamination.
- Classroom and laboratory presenter computers are restricted to instructor use only.
- Commonly-shared documents located in the simulation labs are restricted to instructor use only. Students will need to bring and use their own reference materials.