Gain the best education and training possible at the world's most comprehensive aerospace university.
Highly-respected by the aviation industry, the John D. Odegard School of Aerospace Sciences offers a liberal arts core curriculum combined with a professional aviation education in a variety of specialties.
Gain the technical skills and broad aviation knowledge to thrive in an exciting career in air traffic control.
Gain the broad-based knowledge to begin your exciting career in airport management.
Watch your aviation career take off at UND (and get your wings while you're at it).
Gain the knowledge and expertise to keep air and ground personnel and aviation support systems safe and secure.
Complete your B.S. in Aviation Studies to bring your career into focus.
Be a part of the dynamic aviation industry at one of the largest and most-respected collegiate programs in the world.
Be among the first generation of unmanned aircraft specialists with training from the university that started it all.
Complete a 2-year degree in Airway Science Technology or enroll in an accelerated 12-month non-credit flight training program.
Learn about all business aspects of aviation to maintain a successful flight operation.
Earn your professional pilots license while completing your non-aviation major.
Gain expertise in a distinctive, fast-growing program at the first university to offer a degree in UAS.
What sets UND's Aviation Department apart?
- World-renowned academic excellence
- Largest collegiate training fleet in the world
- State-of-the-art facilities
- 7 aviation degrees
- Liberal arts core curriculum
aircraft and simulators
logged flight hours
landings performed last year
career pathway programs
Working together, we will deliver the highest quality education, research, and service in aviation and related disciplines to our students, our college, and the worldwide aerospace community.
- Create graduates that harbor excellent aviation technical abilities: Produce future aviation professionals that possess the greatest knowledge and technical abilities possible prior to entering the aviation community.
- Strive for human excellence through the use of a liberal education: Provide students with a well-rounded educational experience that enhances communication, team work, and leadership skills while fostering an appreciation for other cultures.
- Instill characteristics that will fully develop our student's human potential: By inspiring students to pursue life-long learning, it is our goal to prepare students with an understanding and acceptance to changes or challenges they may face in the aviation industry.
- Promote a solid foundation for the continued utilization of technology: Due to ever-changing technology demands in the aviation industry, we provide a foundation of knowledge for current technology use and future applications.
- Provide skills to build and promote a culture of safety in the aerospace industry: Emphasize our vitally important role in the transfer of new information and the building of a culture of safety throughout the aviation community.
Major: Commercial Aviation
"[B]oth UND and ROTC have afforded me the flexibility to study fixed wing, rotary and autonomous aviation systems. . . . [T]he top notch training in all different aviation disciplines that are available through our world-class Aviation Program is preparing me to excel in my future endeavors."